Shimano Pedaling Dynamics - SPD is a system that performs whether you’re on or off the bike. It makes pedaling more efficient with a wide variety of shoe and pedal styles and the recess cleat makes walking more comfortable. You can pedal with greater efficiency, stability and comfort with the SPD system.
Upper Technology - Shimano footwear is developed using their unique understanding of how the foot interfaces with the shoe and the pedal to optimise comfort and maximise power transfer for smooth and efficient pedaling. Their footwear is System Engineered to function seamlessly with their Shimano SPD and SPD-SL pedal platforms to optimise rider performance, efficiency, and comfort for every type of rider and ride.
Shimano Dynolast - The toe-spring section of a cycling shoe plays a key role in supporting efficient pedaling. Too high, and it causes increased tension in the plantar, calf, and hamstring muscles. Too low, and you get a bowlegged, inefficient pedaling form. Extensive research by Shimano's R&D experts has produced a superior shoe last design with an optimized toe-spring section that promotes a smoother, more energy-efficient upstroke. Built based on feedback from pro riders, Shimano Dynalast helps reduce energy loss on long rides, letting you keep more in the tank for that final sprint to the line.
- Super stiff and lightweight carbon composite sole.
- System engineered with SPD pedals for maximum pedaling efficiency and stability.
- Lightweight, abrasion-resistant TPU lugs for the best balance of pedaling performance and off the bike capability.
- Surround upper pattern provides the perfect balance of holding power and absolute all day comfort.
- BOA IP1 with dual micro adjustment function.