The off-road Terra Argo is the most recent member of Fizik’s shorter-nosed Argo family of saddles – and the carbon-railed X1 has just joined the line-up as its lightest and priciest variant.
Like its cheaper siblings it’s got a lot going for it, with features that blend compliance and stability, and some considered off-road elements. Like any saddle, it’s about more than just features - the shape has to fit your hips and your riding style, and the flatter style of this one leans more towards a locked-in position, plus an emphasis on pressure relief.
- Argo: versatile short-nose saddle that encourages stability and relieves pressure on sensitive areas
- X1: A combination of a carbonreinforced nylon shell and a carbon rail
- Mobius Rail: Closed loop design for added strength and weight distribution
- Wingflex: The shell's side edges flex and adapt to a rider's inner leg movement
- Type 2 foam: Progressive cushioning, with a lower compression modulus
- Terra: All-terrain series designed to take you beyond your boundaries
- Intended use: Gravel
- Concepts: This is a product of the fizik Concepts programme, a cross-disciplinary collaboration of leading industry experts and academics carrying out research and analysis on technology, design, physiology and bike-fitting in search of ways to improve cycling performance.