One of the strongest but also lightest downhill (DH) models on the market, the Spank Spike Race 33 32-Hole Rim benefits from Spank’s OohBah inverted inner wall technology and its Bead Bite anti-burp tubeless compatibility. This means you can enjoy bombproof durability as you’re landing huge jumps and drops, plus reliable air retention as you dive into the trail’s berms and blast over the roughest sections. This stiff and responsive rim is ideal for both DH and enduro riding, making it the ideal choice for your race-ready custom wheel build.
- Bead Bite
A technology patented by Spank that greatly improves the performance of tubeless rims. By lining up 6 grooves running horizontally and vertically in the rim flange, the tyre gets a better fit and lies well and securely in the rim.
The term OohBah describes Spank's own rim profile which, due to its special construction, better diverts the occurring force flows and thus protects the rim from denting. In addition, the wall can be dimensioned accordingly at various points. This makes the rim lighter without losing stability. When it comes to rotating mass, every gram counts.
- Dynamal Alloy
Specifically designed for racing, Spank rims are made with an imported and pure material called Dynamal. Dynamal is a magnesium and silicone enriched aluminium (not mixed with recycled aluminium) that delivers unrivalled stiffness and resistance to permanent deformation compared to conventionally used types of aluminium.
- A high-performance alloy rim designed for freeride, and downhill race use
- Tubeless-ready with anti-burp rim hooks to prevent the loss of pressure and keep tires firmly in place
- 32 holes with an inner width of 28mm and outer width of 33mm to optimize tire spread and enhance traction
- The corrugated rim center adds exceptional strength, making it more rigid and allowing the rim to be wider without adding material
- Shotpeen finish to increase fatigue life and make it more durable
- Recommended For: ASTM 5, All mountain, trail, free ride, DH