The redesigned Shimano Ultegra Di2 ST-R8170 brake levers with BR-R8170 caliper feature new ergonomics and even more precise brake modulation thanks to SHIMANO's proven SERVO WAVE technology. Wireless electronic shifting provides even more control.
Great speed means great responsibility. That's why, faced with the task of making the new ULTEGRA groupset even faster, Shimano decided to take a holistic and 100% performance-focused approach. Shimano's new 12-speed road groupset delivers unparalleled control and comfort anytime, anywhere - whether you're competing in an amateur race, chasing your personal best, or out for a social ride. That is "Science of Speed". And it's what sets SHIMANO apart from the rest.
The hydraulic 2-piston brake caliper BR-R8170 for with Flat-Mount and L03A Resin disc pads with fin. The completely redesigned ULTEGRA BR-R8170 brings new levels of control, optimised modulation and unmatched braking power to the road bike world. The new design minimises brake friction. In addition, despite its compact size, the new system is quieter and easier to maintain than ever before.
- Improved aerodynamics - Revised DUAL CONTROL shift/brake levers with raised and rounded brake grips
- The drive can be adjusted to the rider's preferences via the E-TUBE app
- Among other things, the shift speed can be set, a fully or semi-synchronous shift mode can be selected and the programme buttons on the shift lever can be assigned certain functions
- Wireless where it matters
- SHIMANO's in-house developed, extremely secure Di2 wireless chip scores with low interference probability, unrivalled processing speed and lower energy consumption
- Fastest gear changes front and rear
- The wireless STIs convince with high energy efficiency and a battery life of up to 1.7 years (CR1632)
- Quieter and more maintenance-friendly brake components
- Gear front: 2-speed
- Gear rear: 12-speed