Hardtails are the perfect solution for someone that wants a super fun mountain bike that can conquer the terrain with ease. With a long-travel trail bike, you'll be able to descend with confidence and climb with ease. The Marin El Roy Bike is the ultimate steel hardtail that'll get you to the top, and then really shine on the way down. It has a Series 3 double-butted and formed CrMo frame that uses 140mm of travel on the front. The frame features a gravity-oriented geometry, Boost hub spacing, and internal dropper post routing.
The El Roy comes with a Shimano Deore 12-speed drivetrain. This includes a cassette that has a hill-crushing 10-51T gear range that makes climbing and pedaling through tough terrain a breeze. Shimano BR-MT420 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes provide exceptional stopping power so you can descend the steepest terrain under control. Marin double-wall rims are paired with Maxxis Assegai tires that can be set up tubeless for a smoother ride, better traction, and fewer flats. With the X-Fusion Manic dropper post, you'll be able to quickly lift and lower your saddle with the press of a lever.
- Downhill trails
- Slashing berms
- All trails, all conditions
- Series 3 CrMo frame provides a lively ride, has internal dropper routing, and a gravity-oriented geometry
- Shimano Deore 12-speed drivetrain performs excellently in demanding terrain
- Shimano MT420 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes provide confidence-inspiring stopping power
- Tubeless-ready rims and tires for a smoother ride, better traction, and fewer flats
- X-Fusion Manic Dropper Post quickly lifts and lowers your saddle with the press of a lever
- Series 3 Chromoly Frame: The El Roy is built on a stout Series 3 4130 Chromoly frame with investment cast dropouts, integrated drop-in headset, external brake and hose mounts, all fully ED coated for longevity.
- Geometry: Gravity-oriented geometry, with a 63 degree headtube and 78 degree seattube angles, 44mm fork offset, and long reach measurements (Regular = 480mm, Grande = 510mm).
- Two Sizes: Regular and Grande frame sizes fit a wide range of riders, with included 150mm (Regular) or 170mm (Grande) dropper posts.
- Investment Cast Dropouts: Custom investment cast chromoly 148 x 12mm Boost thru-axle drop outs provide strength and stiffness where you need it most.