The best allrounder in the field, brought to a whole new performance level. Ride faster, more comfortable and with increased puncture protection. Made to make you better. The GP5000 race tire is the successor of the Grand Prix 4000 S II. Available in different sizes and widths.
- Advanced BlackChili compound for lowest rolling resistance, high mileage and maximum wet grip
- LazerGrip - Lets you become one with the road
- ActiveComfort - absorbs shocks and provides an outstanding driving experience
- VectranBreaker - High-tech fibre now offers even better puncture protection
- Made in Germany
- Vectran Breaker - The benchmark in puncture protection
Vectran is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran is spun from the melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk like Vectran has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight: Exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bicycle tire as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran™ Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
- BlackChili Compound - It’s all about how you mix it
The crucial balance. The rolling properties of the rubber compound of a tyre are primarily determined by three interacting factors – stiction [grip], rolling resistance and mileage [longevity] . The dilemma: If you improve any of these factors it can have a detrimental effect on at least one of the others. A tyre with maximum grip wears quicker and rolls more slowly. If you then make a tyre roll faster and more durable, grip, in turn, is reduced.